What we do:
The Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution addresses situations in which a student’s behavioral choices may negatively impact themselves or others utilizing a range of responses, from informal guidance to formal adjudication. OSCCR staff determines the best approach, taking into account the needs of the individual, the needs of the community, the opportunity for student development, relevant law and policy, all while ensuring fundamental fairness.
Learn more about the Opportunities for Resolution
Why we do it:
Our goal is to educate students about behavior and decision-making, and to foster a safe and healthy community in which academic success can occur.
The Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution recognizes that college students (like all of us) make mistakes. We care for students and we help them by examining how their decisions and behaviors contribute to (or detract from) their overarching goals at UMD. Our outcomes provide students an opportunity to make things right or to prevent themselves from ending up back in the same situation again in the future.
- Student can articulate how their decisions contributed to a violation of the Student Conduct Code.
- Student is able to articulate how their behavior impacted others within and beyond the campus community.
- Student can explain specific changes for future behavior.
- Student can integrate what they learned from the incident to affirm or develop their personal values.
- Student can successfully dissect the common roots of conflict.