Report an Incident

General Student Conduct and/or Student Group Conduct Reporting

To file an incident report you must be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:

  • I am a student, faculty, or staff member of the University of Minnesota Duluth.
  • I understand that the respondent may have access to my complaint.
  • All of the information I provide will be accurate to the best of my knowledge.

If you answered yes to each of these items, you can complete an incident report by clicking the link:

File an Incident Report

Scholastic Dishonesty Reporting

If you are a faculty member wanting to report Scholastic Dishonesty, follow this procedure instead

Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Reporting

The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action receives reports of sexual misconduct involving members of the UMD community. Reports may be made via email to [email protected], or through the UReport online form.

More about Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at the University of Minnesota may be found here

What happens when you report an incident?

The Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution receives your report and will make contact with you to confirm receipt. Your report will be thoroughly reviewed by OSCCR staff to determine how to respond to the report, including whether to respond through an informal problem solving process or a formal investigation procedure. OSCCR will determine the appropriate procedure for addressing your concerns with consideration of the following factors: 1) the nature and severity of the reported conduct; 2) whether the conduct has been previously addressed with the respondent; 3) academic freedom and free speech protections; 4) the potential for recurrence of the conduct; 5) the actual and potential impact of the conduct; 6) the potential impact of using investigative or problem-solving approaches to address the report; 7) the preferences of the complainant; and 8) whether the respondent was acting within a student-employment context. 

Not sure whether to report?

If you are unsure whether or not you should report an incident, or what may happen if you do, you are welcome to contact us for further guidance via email at [email protected] or call 218-726-7255.